Monday, March 3, 2008

March, in like a lion, and out with bags of fleece

Good morning All! I had great success in February, and achieved almost all of my goals. Here are a few images of my successes.

1. I had hoped to complete one Custodian Hat for Christmas 2008. I finished three.



2. I had originally planned on making Carol a knit and felted hat, but the yarn was not speaking to me. That is, until I changed the plan, and made this instead.



3. I also finished the much overdue children's sweaters. The image is of one of the sweaters (they are identical other than size). I used 1824 cotton, and the pattern is in the Green Mountain Spinnery Book.



So, five finished items for February, yeah! I continued working along on my dad's vest, and have most of the back completed. I have had to "try" it on him a few times because he is quite tall.

Now, my list for March.

1. Complete Dad's vest.
2. Make a lace wash cloth for my sister for June (giving birth to baby #2).
3. Knit and felt a small purse for myself.
4. Make knitted silk eye pillows, two of them for Christmas 2008.
5. Knit woodsman's socks for husband, a just because gift.

My March will be going out with bags of fleece, as my sheep are scheduled to be sheared at the end of the month. I am sure that my April goals will include scouring fleece.

Val

5 comments:

BrownBerry said...

Outstanding Valerie!!

Victoria. said...

fantastic work!!! get down with yo' bad self!

suzenew said...

great FOS. I love that felted bowl and the child's sweater.

Valerie said...

Thanks for the encouragement. It feels great to see things done.

Val

vegasangelbrat said...

Love the bowl! Great items and good job getting them done!! Don't you love all the FO's? :)