I managed to finish my Malabrigo Mini Mitts (Ravelry Link) on time. The last time we saw them, I was frantically trying to finish them before a get together the next day.
To recap, these were knit with US Size US and about half a ball of Malabrigo Worsted in "Red Java."
They seem to fit the recipient pretty well. Here is what I did to "man size" the mitts from the original size (to the best of my recollection.)
I cast on 40 stitches, not 32.The thumb was where I messed up the most. The ribbing was screwed up, and one thumb had less stitches than the other. But for the most part, I think my conversion was successful.
I think I may have worked a little farther than 2 and a half inches before making the the gusset, 20 rounds.
Then I added an two additional increase rounds for the gusset.
I cast three stitches across the gap for thumb, not two.
Then I knit for 20 sounds before binding off. The whole mitt was 8 inches in length, not 6 inches
I did 7 rounds for the thumb