Sunday, March 2, 2008

Two out of three isn't bad ...


I managed to get two out of the three items on my February list finished, and I am so proud of myself!
On the left is a sampler-sized tam from a class I took in January with Beth Brown-Reinsel. It is knit with four colors of Brown Sheep Nature Spun, and I have had it in my mind to give it as a gift to a friend who is having a baby, since I'm pretty sure it would fit.


On the right, a pair of socks I call "Go Redskins! socks." They are for Greg, who is married to my niece Liz, and who is a big Washington Redskins football fan. One of my plans for 2008 is to make a pair of socks for each of my nieces and nephews and their respective spouses/partners. I used Encore Worsted for these socks, since I didn't want to use something that would need to be hand washed, or require any other special laundering treatment. I'm really pleased with the way they turned out.
My third project, a pair of socks for another niece's husband, didn't even have a chance to get started, because the yarn is on backorder. I've decided that doesn't count, since it's out of my control ...

I am loving this whole thing though - seeing everyone else's projects helps me keep going!

3 comments:

vegasangelbrat said...

Oh cute hat, like the model too ..lol :) Great job on the socks..can't wait to do mine!

laughing purple goldfish said...

love the colour work on the tam... nice one

suzenew said...

Great hat and such a cute model!