Monday, April 28, 2008

Elizabeth's April Wrap-up

I feel like April was a huge success. Three FO's and my Q2 Challenge item well under-way! I finished three of the five items on my gift list for April. I really enjoyed reading about everyone else's Q2 challenges as well! See my May list coming soon for more details on mine ^_^

APRIL WRAP-UP

Gift Item:
Thermal (ravelry)

Recipient: Myself
Occasion: Because I haven't knit anything for myself in awhile and thought I was due
Deadline: Finished!

Gift Item: Cabled Fingerless Armwarmers (personal pattern) (ravelry) by Elizabeth Martin
Source: Harmony Guide: Cables and Arans
Recipient: Anna
Occasion: Belated birthday
Completed: April 16, 2008

Yarn: 1.25 skeins of Knit Picks Essential in Grass
Needles: US 2
Other info: It took me long enough to start them, and then I finished them in record time. I'm so happy I decided to do them both at the same time! I highly recommend it!



Gift Item: Branching Out Scarf (pattern) (ravelry) by Susan Lawrence
Source: Knitty
Recipient: Anna
Occasion: Belated birthday
Completed: April 20, 2008

Yarn: 0.75 skeins of Knit Picks Essential in Grass
Needles: US 3
Other info: I had some yarn left over from the arm warmers (see previous finished item) and decided to put it to good use and made Anna a lace scarf to wear with her arm warmers ^^ It's a lovely lace pattern, and it turned out nicely.

Gifts not finished:

4. Gift Item: Handbag or Purse

Recipient: Chantelle (brother's fiancée)
Occasion: Christmas
Deadline: December 25, 2008
Other info: I didn't pick up the yarn this month so it didn't even get started.

5. Gift Item: Voyager Lace Stole in JaggerSpun Zephyr Wool-Silk (pattern) (ravelry) by Shui Kuen Kozinski and Benne Ferrel
Source: Elann.com
Recipient: Rin
Occasion: Birthday
Deadline: June 7, 2008
Other info: I've purchased the yarn and chosen a pattern. Here's the yarn:

3 comments:

Lynda said...

LOVE the armwarmers!!! ;0)

BrownBerry said...

All great stuff!!
I fell head over heels for that Voyager Lace Stole when I saw the ad in the latest Vogue Knitting.

Spatial Stitches said...

very cool armwarmers!