Monday, April 7, 2008

March successes

Hello All. I sure am pleased that Spring is finally here. It has been a slow start in Central New York, but it is beginning to look promising. I had some success with my March goals. I completed the socks for my husband, and they fit really well. I also finished the bag for myself. The eye pillows are almost done, as is the washcloth for my sister. The vest is, unfortunately, frogged. I tried it on my dad, and am not at all pleased with the fit or drape. I have backed much of it out, and am in the process of trying to find a fix. So, two more stars for March.

The sheep were shorn on March 30th, and look like they feel much better. Over the next few weeks, I will be starting to wash their wool. Here is a photo of Nessie and Hazelnut.





My goals for April:

  1. Finish the almost-done eye pillows.
  2. Finish the wash cloth set for my sister.
  3. Make purple hat/booties set.
  4. Make turquoise hat/booties set.
  5. Start my 1st 2nd Quarter "BIG" Finished Object.
My First "BIG" Finished Object is going to be 3 Kid Silk Haze Lace Scarves. I am also adding beading to them, and this will be my first time beading, so this is a pretty big undertaking. One is a gift for me. The other two are for Hanukkah and Christmas. I will update my April list as I make progress on my goals. I really want those first two items done.

Keep up the good work everyone!

3 comments:

laughing purple goldfish said...

awwww... you have your own sheep!

I'm so envious ;)

BrownBerry said...

I love this photo!! A nice reminder of where our wooly wonders come from. I'm so happy to hear that you rounded out March with more good finishes. Good luck on the vest re-working!

Sasha said...

Excellent work! You've done all those projects AND sheared your sheepies! Shame about the vest but these things happen don't they? Good luck with your April goals, I know you'll zoom through them! :)