Thursday, February 21, 2008

3rd February FO!



I just finished the third FO on my February list. It's a chemo turban for a close friend of mine who will be having a Bone Marrow Transplant next month, and I am very glad to have gotten it done!

  • The pattern is from Elann.com, found here.
  • It was a quick, fun knit. I thought it would be a huge pain, because you cast on 50 and then work in 4X4 ribbing for 40 inches but it actually went quite quickly.
  • I used two balls of Esprit, the yarn it called for. I think any cotton/nylon blend (or yarn that has substantial stretch to it) would work. I'm thinking Cascade Fixation would be great too.
  • I made no mods to this one, but I have enough yarn for another one, and I'd like stripes. I'll probably have to make some mods, so we'll see how that goes.
  • I wasn't too inspired by this project. I am really satisfied with the finished product, but I feel pretty blah about the whole thing. I think the recipient will really appreciate it though, and that is definitely what counts.
There is more information on my Ravelry page and on my blog.

I also have another project to add to my February list. I am working on some charity items for a domestic women's shelter in Brixton, London,and I hope to have them done by the end of the week. So, I'm adding that as one of my February goals. Sadly, I have not touched my 4th item, which was my dad's sweater. I just can't even look at the thing. Luckily, it's not due until Christmas, and I'm a pretty fast knitter. I want to get all my fun, small projects done first, and then tackle the sweater!

1 comment:

vegasangelbrat said...

Oh that looks nice! Good job!
Keep on going, you'll get it done!