Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I am a Q2 Challenger

I am definitely in on the Q2 Challenge. I just need a couple days to decide on a project. I have been thinking about making my husband an afghan and I have also been thinking of making my mother-in-law a lace shawl, she deserves it because she buys me lots of lisa souza and other delicious yarn for xmas!!! I just haven't committed to which project I want to do, and I haven't even looked at patterns yet. If anyone has suggestions let me know.

I am excited to see what other people will choose for their projects.

2 comments:

BrownBerry said...

Fantastic to have you aboard!! I think both ideas you mentioned already would be great for this challenge.

The Hemlock Ring Blanket or Elizabeth Zimmerman's Pi Shawl are both projects that might fit - they are adjustable in size with very easy to repeat rounds. And if you don't like one for a shawl or the other for a blanket - you can interchange them! :)

J said...

I like both of those patterns but I don't think the hemlock ring blanket is quite masculine enough for my husband and I have never made lace before, so i should probably start with something very beginner. I think I am going to choose an afghan for my husband that way I can not feel rushed on my first lace project.