Saturday, June 28, 2008

Another pair finished!

I am making an effort to knit 10 pairs of socks for Christmas gifts this year, for my nieces and nephews and their respective partners. Just recently, I finished this pair:



Pattern: Hedgerow Socks, by Jane Cochran
Needle: US 1.5
Yarn: Zitron Trekking Pro Natura, 1 skein
Color: 1507 - kind of a lightly variegated watermelon pink (picture has more red)

I love this pattern, and the finished socks look great! At first, I had a hard time with the pattern, but at a certain point, it just clicked and was pretty smooth sailing after that. This is the first pair of socks I've knit with the pattern continuing down the heel flap, and with a more rounded toe, which I think looks nicer than the usual toe I have been doing. They took me a about 2 months to complete, because I was knitting them at the same time as another pair, but I think the next pair of these that I make (for myself, someday!) will go much more quickly, since I'm familiar with what to do now.

Right now, I have 3 completed pairs, 1 pair that is approximately 45% finished, and another pair just started. Hopefully, I can finish ten pairs by the end of October (since some of these will need to be mailed to recipients), and then I can knit socks for myself!

1 comment:

Jadielady said...

Awesome socks! Thank you for the pattern, I've just started knitting socks and I have a beautiful green semi-solid that will look beautiful in this pattern!