Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Sara's Q3 Challenge

I just read the post about the Q3 Challenge, so here's another post for my Q3C list!

Something Old- A while back I started My So Called Scarf. I knit about 8 inches, and haven't touched it since. I keep meaning to work on this but just keep putting it off. It will be a rather lovely xmas gift when I finish it though. Hopefully this will motivate me to get it done and out of my wip box.

Something New- My friend Betsy's Birthday is in October. I want to knit her a fun and colorful pair of socks. Since I haven't seen quite the right color combo in sock yarn out there (she likes bright yellow, hot pink and purple) I'm planning on buying knitpicks sock blanks and dying something perfect to knit up. This is a little selfish of me as well, because ever since they released those on their website I've been wanting to give it a try. It looks like so much fun! I also want to try these as toe up two at a time socks. So far all the socks I've knit have been one a t a time cuff down.

Something for Me- I've been eyeing the Star Crossed Slouchy Beret pattern for a while. I just need to go buy myself some malabrigo and knit it up. It looks fun and fast.

No comments: