Thursday, August 14, 2008

Two more pairs finished - five to go ...

I managed to finish two more pairs of socks, in my quest to knit 10 pairs for my nieces and nephews and their respective partners for Christmas 2008.
The pair on the left are Blueberry Waffle Socks, for my nephew in Arizona. The pair on the right are Bon-bon Socklettes, for one of my nieces.

Blueberry Waffles Socks

Here are the details, if you are interested.

Pattern: Blueberry Waffle Socks

Yarn: Socka 50, colorway 9420, 2 skeins.

Needles: US 1.5

Modifications: The original pattern is written for worsted weight yarn, but I used the Socka which is a fingering weight. Basically I just applied the pattern stitch to my usual sock pattern.

Comments: These are an easy knit, very cushy, and they look great! One of those times when they look more complicated than they actually are ...

Pattern: Bon-bon Socklettes (Ravelry link)

Yarn: Regia Color 4-ply, colorway 2060 (yellow) and 5026 (multi), 1 skein each.

Needles: US 2

Modifications: Unintentional. Only when I went to check something on the actual printed pattern when beginning the second sock did I realize that I failed to do the p2 in between the stitches that created the faux cable. I just made sure that I did the same thing on the second sock and it was all OK. Another time when the actual pattern called for worsted weight wool, and I used fingering weight. I had about 3 yards left of the yellow yarn when I was ready to start the toe.

Comments: These took some concentration (even though it turned out that I wasn't following the directions!), but the rhythm is established, they go pretty quickly. I'm really pleased with the final result.

I must admit that I would like to be a little further along on my 10 pairs, but I think halfway isn't too bad either ...

1 comment:

BrownBerry said...

Halfway is great!! Keep up the momentum :)