Sunday, November 16, 2008

Elizabeth's 5th November FO!

Gift Item: Alpaca/Bamboo Cowl (ravlink)
Recipient: Lise
Pattern: Zig Zag Cowl by Mandy Powers (free)
Occasion:
Birthday December 1st
Finished: Nov 16/08
Notes: I started the Gemma Beret pattern first, but got so frustrated with how the pattern was written, and with how it was turning out, that I gave up and started this cowl instead.

I do have a minor complaint with the pattern though. When it tells you to cast on, it really should tell you to do a provisional cast on. I know there are people out there who hate prov. cast ons, but isn’t picking up stitches for a picot hem EVEN WORSE? Anyway, it was a really quick knit, and I love how it turned out.

ETA: I took a few more pics last night! See it in action :)


1 comment:

KimT said...

wow! you are on a mission! Great job!