Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A few more gifts: the Family edition

Because I spent most of my knitting energy on gifts for people at work, I only picked a few family members to knit for this year. I mean, they know where to find me if they think of something they want, right?

1. Socks for Mom. Basic stats: two at a time, toe up on one 40" circlular needle, size 2 (I think). Heelless! No heels! I like this.


2. Hat for Chris L. Basic 2x2 rib, 100% wool sent to me from Sera Star almost a year ago. Nice and wooly warm for his cold life in Madison, WI.


3. Scarf for Chris M. All the best in browns, tans, charcoals. Suave. My 1st foray into the madness that is the Noro striped scarf; there shall be more in my future.


4. Shawl for Keto: an absolute dream to knit in Cascade Venezia Worsted. Within a few rounds this yarn had shot up to somewhere high on my favorites list. (Thanks to one of my 5th graders for modeling!)


5. Felted Bag for Karen: I wanted to make this for so long. Last Xmas, I rushed out and bought the book from Charlotte Yarn, and it took me until Election Day to cast on. I bought all the findings at the Windsor Button in Boston, which was almost as fun as actually knitting it.

2 comments:

BrownBerry said...

I'm just drooling over the entire showcase!! Very nice Jessica!

I know this might sound funny, but I couldn't stop staring at the perfect decreases in that ribbed hat!

All wonderful gifts - you done good!

Ritesh said...

Why not begin a new and original family tradition for giving anniversary gifts year that is guaranteed to delight and satisfy men and women alike