Monday, December 29, 2008

FO: Le Slouch (Code Name: Pink)

Cross posted at Sally Comes Unraveled and Year Long Gift-A-Long.

<span class=

This is the first of a long parade of holiday FOs. We're starting with the Le Slouch (Ravelry link) that I made for my sister.

Aaron Models the "Le Slouch" hat I made for Katie

Her boyfriend tried it on too.

<span class=

Here's the hat in it's infancy. My sister asked for a shawl, but I was running out of time for this Christmas. (And this was before I was sick.) I recommended a "jaunty beret."

<span class=

I originally called it "Code Name: Pink" because I was originally planning to use some pink yarn in my stash. I ended up using Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in Amy's Vintage Office, the precious yarn I got on the Hill Country Yarn Crawl. I was hoping to save it for myself, but the color was too perfect for my sister.

<span class=

Here is the hat from the bottom. I used US Size 6 needles for the ribbing and US Size 7 for the rest of the hat. This was unusual for me because US Size 7 is recommended on the yarn label. Normally I go way under what is recommended. However, the recommended gauge for the hat is smaller than the one on the yarn label.

<span class=

I think seed stitch is a really good choice for this yarn. It adds some depth to the variegated colors.

<span class=

Mom and I debated whether the ribbing was too small. It was a little tight on my head. But I knew if would get stretched out, and my head is bigger than most. Also, we debated exactly how it how it should sit on your head.

It fit Pancho Pig ok.

<span class=

The good news is that there's half a ball of Amy's Vintage Office left so I can make something for myself.

No comments: