Monday, December 29, 2008

FO: Stash Genius Scarf

Cross posted at Sally Comes Unraveled and Year Long Gift-A-Long.

<span class=

The project I was working on before I went to hospital is on hold at the moment. It's secret, so I can't show it here. I've been working on this instead.

I missed the fiber festival this year. I meant to give a shout out on here before the event, but I never got around to it. I'm so disappointed about everything I had to miss. I missed the company Christmas party and several church events.

But at least I can knit a festive scarf.

<span class=

This scarf is for a seven year-old girl on my Christmas list. I looked through my stash for some good ideas, and this is what I came up with. I used one skein of Yarn Bee Mosaic Twist in "Grotto" for the main part of the scarf, and a small amount of Yarn Bee Gilt Eyelash in "Aqualights" for the sparkly stripes. (Yarn Bee is the Hobby Lobby house brand.) I felt like a genius when I came up with this combination. It reminds me of snowflakes for some reason, even though snowflakes aren't blue.

<span class=

I cast on 12 stitches, and the stripes on the ends of the scarf are four rows wide. The stripes add sparkle without being itchy.

I knit the scarf with US Size 8 wooden needles, although I cast on and bound off with US Size 9 needles to keep the ends from being too tight. Also, I held two strands of the Gilt Eyelash together for the stripes.

It's not very long, but I think the length is about right for a child. And it's sparkly.

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Love this scarf ;0)

apachemedrust@hotmail.com said...

I was wondering if you had any of the aqualights gilt eyelash yarn left over, and if so would consider selling it. I have not had any luck in purchasing this particular color and have a final school color scarf yet to make.