Monday, January 21, 2008

Mission Accomplished

I'm a little surprised, but nonetheless proud to report that I've finished all four gift projects I had on my list for the month.

1. Dashing/Neal/Christmas DONE
2. Baby Kimono/Cassie/ASAP DONE
3. Cotton Kimono Robe/Jan/March birthday DONE
4. Boyfriend Socks/Fred/DONE

I just completed the socks this morning. Here they are modeled on my feet. They are for my husband's birthday next month. Obviously he's seen me knitting these off and on, so they are not a surprise. But I want them to be a real birthday present and I know that if I let him try them on I won't get them back. So he'll have to wait a few weeks.

Boyfriend Socks

I really liked knitting this pattern. Just enough going on to keep me interested but a pretty mindless pattern overall. I think they make a very handsome pair of socks! I

I'm not even sure if these count as an FO for purposes of this KAL, since I had one finished in early December. I'm fairly certain though, that I would not have had a second sock knit in time for his birthday had it not been for the KAL.

I've already started thinking about what I'd like to make in February, but for now I'm going to work on something for my favorite person to knit for - me!

3 comments:

BrownBerry said...

They're GORGEOUS! And yes they count, because you "finished" them as part of your goals for this GAL. I'm very proud of how well you did, and so glad you found this forum helpful :)

vegasangelbrat said...

Oh absolutely gorgeous!! Love the pattern and color :)
I don't knit, but did start a cable sock pattern, didn't get far before putting it down, may have to put it on one of my months list to finish it..lol

Kimberli said...

The socks are terrific! Love the yarn and colorway. Socks are on my list!