Sunday, April 13, 2008

Come Sail Away ...

Here is a picture of my latest gift FO, a baby hat for the next door neighbors' baby, due at the end of June:


I am so pleased with how well it turned out, and how even my somewhat lame sewing skills managed to place and secure the applique pieces so that it actually looks balanced. Personally, I think it looks yar!

For those of you who are interested, here are the details:

Pattern: Sailboat, from Itty-Bitty Hats, by Susan B. Anderson.Size: 0-3 months.
Needles: US7 double points.
Yarn: Tahki Cotton Classic in colors denim, red, navy, white. (The color numbers are: 3001, 3818, 3997, 3856, but I don't have the bands in front of me to know which number goes to which color ...)
Started: March 20, 2008.
Finished: The pieces were all knitted by March 30; I sewed the knitted applique pieces onto the finished hat on April 6.

This is a fun pattern to make, and really doesn't take long to do (unless, like me, you keep getting interrupted). I love all the patterns in the book, but this is the first one I've been able to try.

2 comments:

vegasangelbrat said...

Oh how adorable!! Thats realy cute!

Sasha said...

SUPER cute!