Anyway, here's the first slipper.
And completed slippers!
Toe Warmers — Footlets for Dad (pattern) (ravelry) by Patons
Source: Yarn Lover's Room (knitting-crochet.com)
Recipient: My Dad
Finished: July 7, 2008
Yarn: 0.5 skein of Lang Yarns Jawoll Cotton Aktion
Needles: US 2 or 2.75 mm circulars
This also marks the beginning of my Q3 Challenge knitting. It feels great to get such a good start on it. The rules were to knit an unfinished gift, start and finish a new gift, and knit something for yourself. This is probably the easiest of the three parts, and I'm probably making it more of challenge than it needs to be, but I really don't want to have any leftover yarn lol.
My second project that I want to talk about is Arbor, which sort of fits into the Q3 challenge, but I'm not using it in its entirety. I have loftier plans! Anyway, here's some finished pictures of it!
Another from the front, after a day of wearing (it hasn't stretched at all, which is awesome!)
And one from the back, where there might have been some slight stretching, but I'm not overly concerned. I still think it wore very well.
Q3 Challenge Goals!
Just a quick recap/update for you readers out there on my Q3 Challenge items:
- Finish a work-in-progress: COMPLETE!
Toe Warmers my dad (pattern)(ravelry)(blog). These were started the last week of June and finished July 7. Very quick and easy, but I'm happy they're done!
- Start and finish a gift item:
The cozy stole (pattern)(ravelry) will fit into this category nicely!
- Knit something for yourself: 50%
I would say I'm 50% done because I challenged myself to finish Arbor (pattern)(ravelry)(blog), which I finished July 5th, but I wanted to start and finish something brand new for myself. I knew that finishing the pullover wouldn't be much of a challenge and needed more.
My plan for the second part of this challenge is to use my Fiddlesticks lace yarn that could make a lovely wrap (ravelry)(pattern) for me ^_^
- Toe Warmers / For my Dad / Christmas / December 25, 2008 / Finished July 7, 2008
- Cozy Stole / For my sister-in-law / Christmas / December 25, 2008 / Pending start
- Bridesmaid Stoles / For my Bridesmaids / Wedding / September 2009 / Pending start
- Stole in Fiddlesticks lace yarn / For myself / Q3 Challenge / September 30, 2008 / Pending start
- Arbor — Lace pullover / For myself / Partial Q3 Challenge / Finished July 5, 20008